Saving money on your insurance costs is a big deal, especially in today’s economy. Comparing multiple quotes for the coverage you need is the way to be sure that you aren’t overpaying for your policy. There are many other strategies for reducing your insurance rates, including exploring all available policy discounts offered by your provider, and other insurance companies.
Discounts abound in the insurance world.
If you know where to look, money-saving strategies are very common in the insurance world. Discounts range in availability and scope from one provider to the next, so it is important that you consider all of your coverage options before making your final policy purchase.
Speaking with your independent insurance agent can be very helpful in uncovering new discount opportunities. In fact, our agents offer advice on a wide range of discounts, including:
• Multi-policy savings: One of the most popular ways to save money is to purchase multiple insurance policies from the same provider. Buying your car insurance and your homeowners or renters insurance from the same provider can result in big savings.
• Multiple driver discounts: Insuring multiple drivers under the same policy can be a great way to reduce your overall costs. Adding several cars to your policy can also cut coverage costs.
• Good driver programs: If your driving record is clear of tickets and accidents, you may qualify for savings under good driver programs offered by many insurance providers. Each provider has different guidelines on what they consider a good driving record.
• Student discounts: Some providers offer discounts for high school or college students who perform well in their studies.
• Loyalty savings: Many providers offer loyalty savings to returning customers, or discounts to customers who have carried insurance for extended periods of time. Some even offer a discount for switching from other providers.
Review your discount options with your agent to determine your qualified policy discount options.
Share Your Money-Saving Tips with Your Baton Rouge Neighbors
Have you ever scored an unexpected insurance discount? Share your experience in the comments section below.